A performance, produced by Brain Store Project and MS Schrittmacher
If you want a better life you must live a better life.
In the Bulgarian-German co-production A Better Life, the three choreographers and performers Iva Sveshtarova, Willy Prager and Martin Stiefermann ask what a better life can be like, what we would have to do to achieve it and explore the topic of constant mobility and inconstancy.
The performance A Better Life is a based on the research project LUXUS-WEG, a co-production between the performance group MS Schrittmacher from Berlin and ACT Association for Independent Theatre from Sofia, funded by the Szenenwechsel (Change of Scene) program of the Robert Bosch Stiftung. The research was focusing on German senior citizens living in old-age poverty going to Bulgaria and young Bulgarians coming to Germany to work in the medical and health care sector and brought up questions about motivation, development and meaning of these movements. What would you give up for better living standards and luxury? What does ‚a better life‘ even mean today? When are we ready to trade social capital against material capital?
additional performances: 19. December 19, 2019 at DNK, Sofia
German Premiere: January 24, 2020 at English Theatre, Berlin
- Concept, Realization, Performance: Martin Stiefermann
- Concept, Realization, Performance: Iva Sveshtarova
- Concept, Realization, Performance: Willy Prager
- Concept, Text, Dramaturgy: Natalie Baudy
- Music: Emilian Gatsov – Elbi
- Costume Consultant: Neli Mitewa
- Lighting design: Ralitsa Toneva
- Production Management: Helena Tsiflidis
- Graphic design: Georgi Florov
- PR/Public Relations, Bulgaria: A25 Cultural Foundation
- PR/Public Relations, Germany: Sarah Rosenau / English Theatre
Funded by: Szenenwechsel (Change of Scene) – Robert Bosch Stiftung, Ministry of Culture Bulgaria
a production by ➔MS Schrittmacher and Brain Store Project
in cooperation with DNK, Sofia and ACT Association, Sofia